- Kwame is sentenced to 28 years, sending a clear message to all those involved in the corruption.
- Detroit automakers are profitable and thankful for 2013
- Good news for workers — Detroit pay hikes put it in the top 10 of metro areas
- Jim Leyland announces his retirement from his manager position with the Detroit Tigers
- Miguel Cabrera is a back-to-back MVP for his performance on the Detroit Tigers and Max Scherzer wins the Cy Young award.
- Arsonists continue to hit Heidelberg Project houses
- Mike Duggan wins the mayoral race at one of the most difficult times for Detroit
- Goldman Sachs brings the 10,000 Small Businesses program to Detroit. I think we need to get in on this.
- Downtown Holiday Pop Ups arrive downtown for downtown shopping
- We say goodbye to Jim Schwartz and start thinking about who can really help the Lions utilize the amazing talent they have.
What does 2014 hold for us and for Detroit? We can only imagine. And whatever wonderful things we can imagine, we can make happen. Every week I meet (either online or in person) more and more people that are putting personal effort in making the city of Detroit great.